Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A day of failures and mistakes

The work day started out as usual... the usual hustle and bustle of the shop. My muscles were weak and a gallon of sweet tea felt more like four. Even my lunch box felt heavier. Gave out a bunch of cow tails and the guys seemed happy. Asked if I could stay and run the lab instead of being on the line. It went okay for a little bit. Then hell broke loose when we started to get a bunch of lab scrap and hard pipe. My fault, I admit, not letting anyone know about the lab scrap I discovered through the charpy test. Blew up to hundreds of pieces in the test press. Nevermind, I said to myself. Then Plant Manager came to investigate. Sigh, I admitted my mistake. Life goes on... strip saw down twice. Okay, no problem. Was not paying attention and allowed the first pipe out of the oven after the oven shut off to be rolled on the rail. HUGE mistake. Had hard pipe in the shop. That's a big NO NO. Marked them and informed Johnny. Luckily Pete came back and cleaned up the crap I made. Sigh... was so frustrated and angry with myself. Hope everything will be better tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home